4.8.11

ink me up, baby.

Lately, I've been thinking an awful lot.  Not just about any random thing like I usually do, either.  I wasn't thinking about Disney films, Kurt Cobain or insecure works of art.  This time I thought about something that actually kind of matters in my life.  All day so far, the entire three and a half hours that I've been awake, I've been thinking about tattoos.  I've been thinking about getting a tattoo.  The idea of ink being permanently sketched into my skin really has been flooding my mind as of late. 




Yeah, sure, I really want a tattoo.  The only issue with that is that I have no idea what kind of tattoo I'd want.  I don't have the faintest clue.  Sometimes I think I want something like a musical note, but just about everyone has that and I'm not even that passionate about music.  Yes, I love music with every inch of my body, but... It's just not right.  Then, I think, Hey!  I'll get one simple word as a tattoo!  Kind of like those kids that have Believe or Love or Peace on their bodies.  Yeah, well, I can't find a word that could describe myself or any beliefs I have.  If I was going to choose a word that has defined my life, that would be Pokemon.... That's not exactly my kind of tattoo. 

In the end, I'm still completely clueless.  I don't even know where I'd want to get this tattoo.  I think it would be cool to have it on the side of my torso, but apparently that hurts like a little bitch.  I can't handle that.  Yeah, I love needs like a drug addict, but I'm a pretty big wimp when it comes to pain.  I've heard that places with more fat or muscle hurt less for tattoos, and that it hurts more if the skin is tight and close to the bone.  Maybe I should just gain a bunch of weight so it won't hurt as much?  No, I don't really have enough time to gain weight.  Too difficult.

Maybe someday I'll find the perfect tattoo.  Until then, I'll just admire all of the brave folk that have already done the deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment