13.8.11

01 - the friend.

Well, here's the start to my letter writing.  This one is for day one, to my best friend.  Course I'm not going to say who it is.  Might be a little easy to tell, however.  You'll find out at the end.

Dear X

I've never written a letter to you before, so I'm not really sure how I should start it off. You seem like the kind of guy that isn't a fan of letters. Luckily this is all typed up so that you don't have to complain about my horrible writing skills.

You're the best friend a girl could ever ask for, you know. You've been here for me for nearly five years now, and I don't know what I could do without you. No matter what, we've always been tight. No fight, big or small, could ever tear us apart. You hate mushy stuff, so I'm sorry about those three sentences. I'll try my best not to go too over-board.

I remember once, long ago, you told me that you would never date anyone until university. I absolutely despise that, because all I want to do is make fun of you for having a little crush, and I want to tease you about kissing and sex and everything that comes along with a serious relationship. I know I'll have to wait though, because you aren't quite ready for the world to view you differently yet (maybe).

You kind of make me really angry a lot of the time. I can't handle being around you for more than a few hours at a time. You're the annoying brother I never had. When I'm with you for more than three days, all I want to do is rip your head off. But I'm also super thankful that you've got my back. So, cheers to that.
I hope everything is going well in your life. You don't really talk about how you feel a lot of the time, so it's hard to tell what's happening with you. Even when your parents split up, you hardly said anything about how you felt. It seemed to not bother you at all... but I know it probably upset you a lot. It would upset me a lot, and many other people aswell. Oh well. Maybe someday you'll finally open up to me about your world. All I can do is hope.

X, you're incredible and funny and altogether the best friend I could have. I love you like a brother (sister) and that'll never change. You'll definitely be with me till the end.

Carly.

Yeah, that was my letter.  That's the picture of the best guy ever, by the way.  We're almost twins.    Miss that kid <3

No comments:

Post a Comment